For some time I’ve been training my dogs to carry out scent work searches around the house and garden. It’s a great way to allow them to use their natural sniffing instinct and also tires them out which is especially useful if the weather is wet and horrible. I’ve been wanting to take this to the next level so, on 27th July, Phoebe (one of my cocker spaniels) and I completed ‘Scent Work Level 1 Foundation’ with Pam McKinnon an ex-Customs & Excise drug detector dog handler who now runs Talking Dogs. It was a fun and interesting day and by the end of the course we carried out a ‘blind’ room search with Phoebe easily managing to lead me to the item on each occasion. Well done Pheebster! I’m now going to practice what I’ve learnt with both Phoebe and Toby (my other dog) and then I’ll move forward to Level 2.
Member of the Kennel Club Accredited Instructor Scheme working towards accreditation
‘A1’ listed Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Bronze , Silver and Gold Award Examiner
Search Belinda’s web site
- Man Trailing!
- Canine Connections Bronze, Silver & Gold Successes
- Bronze and Silver awards at Govilon
- Silver and Gold awards at Dymock
- Bronze award success at Malvern
- Phoebe Scentwork Level 4 Success
- Examining Silver & Gold awards
- Bronze and Silver award passes
- GCDS examining at Govilon, Abergavenny – 25th January 2017
- First scentwork trial for Phoebe and me